- Pop. Estimate: 483
- Children: 26.09% (126)
- Elderly: 14.49% (70)
- 350 ogre (72.4%)
- 102 deep dwarf (21.1%)
- 19 lizardfolk (3.9%)
- 11 minotaur (2.2%)
- 1 other (0.2%)
- 4 Districts
- 16 Businesses
- 21 Specialists
- 63 Residences
Gerains is known for the following resources:
- Pigment deposits that are hunted by children. Ghriraz said one might dig up piles of emeralds in a dungeon.
- A haunted battle field inhabited by tame crows that are feared by vampires. Rumors tell of a chest containing small lyres hidden around somewhere.
- Vast kitten glarings that are visited frequently by witches.
- Long ago, a dragon named Lot frequented the streets. Villagers say that if you face him, you will be stricken deaf.
- Legends tell of Surpka's Rake, a unique rake with the power to make people cry. It disappeared after an attack by bandits.
- Way back when, a hag stalked the fields. Some say that the hag will offer you sweets, then imprison you.
Job Postings [-]
- Aletssa Melithnight has been kidnapped! Generous payment for safe return. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Klarana Lagranthorn if intrigued.
- Needed: Bored? Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Will reward you with a land deed. No previous experience required. Contact Daney Marworth.
- A passing Fighter is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. May include some hazards. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Daves Colston.
- Looking for something new? Missing family heirloom. We suspect feral cats are the culprit. Length of job expected to be short. Will pay in gold. Contact Enide for more details.
- Help! I'm looking for rare cockatrices, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. A little danger is involved, so expect hazardous duty pay. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Jam Franling to learn more.
- Looking for something new? I'm looking for rare squirrels, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. Will pay in gold. Contact Alatlleu Jademane.
- Missing ring of wishes. We suspect rabbits are the culprit. Experienced professionals only. Reward is a secret. Contact Grimgan Dwarfroad.
- Grungin Ratchisel is a female deep dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a horribly skilled cartwright. She appears cautious.
- Gordor Taloncask is a male deep dwarf who is known in the region as being a laughably skilled spicemerchant. He appears apologetic.
- Garag Redsword is a female deep dwarf who is known in the world as being a skilled doctor. She appears efficient.
- Kish Bearnut is a male ogre who is known in the city as being a renowned interpreter. He appears accusatory.
- Uk Boarmane is a male ogre who is known in the region as being a gifted miller. He appears contrarian.
- Goeok Winterthorn is a male minotaur who is known in the world as being a laughably skilled brewer. He appears worrying.
- Multmos Plainbash is a male minotaur who is known in that part of town as being a gifted social worker. He appears flirtatious.
- Sartrah Wintermane is a female minotaur who is known in that part of town as being a skilled roofer. She appears egotistical.
- Sikeras Cloudfury is a female minotaur who is known in the neighborhood as being a decent bucklemaker. She appears fatalistic.
- Yeral heh S'hoorzor, a violent male lizardfolk. He is a warrior who is finding a missing friend.
These establishments worthy of mention in Gerains:
- The Cloven Hammer General Mechandise [+]
- The Royal Pig Chop House [+]
- The Gritty Elf Docs [+]
- The Wobbly Bunch Hostel [+]
- The Lost Clowns Inc. [+]
- The Chicken Fox Farms [+]
- The Wistful Eagle Shop [+]
- The Angry Boar Shoppe [+]
- The Gelded Bunch Primary School [+]