- Pop. Estimate: 1,107
- Children: 30.62% (339)
- Elderly: 11.20% (124)
- 1,041 half-elf (94%)
- 27 half-dwarf (2.4%)
- 24 halfling (2.1%)
- 12 half-orc (1%)
- 3 other (0.2%)
- 3 Districts
- 61 Businesses
- 114 Specialists
- 115 Residences
North Gilmead Lock is known for the following resources:
- Creepy bamboo stands that are avoided by magic users. The locals speak of piles of saphires in a tomb nearby.
- Bee hives that are frequented by locals.
- Unlimited peat swamps that are visited frequently by children. Danry Giacoinson said the locals speak of a stash of emeralds buried near there.
- Once upon a time, a witch frequented the world. Villagers say that the witch will offer you sweets, then turn you into a mouse.
- In olden times, a hag lingered in the swamps. Villagers say that the hag will ask a favor of you, then banish you if you are cruel.
- In the days of yore, the villagers of Glidsti lived in peace. Things were always nice, but one day Dot the murderer took a hostage and demanded a ransom. The villagers tried to stop the murderer, but didn't get close. Along came a territorial minotaur named Erintrah Zhais, who was a skilled storyteller. Erintrah had a plan to trick the murderer by making a wager with Dot. When Erintrah Zhais faced the murderer, Erintrah Zhais banished Dot.
Job Postings [-]
- wine tester wanted. Will pay in gold. Serious inquiries only. Contact Mal Oldcloak.
- Someone stole my cerimonial knife. Find the louse, dead or alive. Will pay in gold. Contact Zok Ogrerot if intrigued.
- Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Reward is a secret. Contact Persil Entrasplitter.
- Required: brain moles-catcher needed to keep the beasties away from the sheep and cattle. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Gok Eagletooth.
- Looking for work? Scholar seeks rare supplies: Scholar unable to gather certain supplies due to age, seeks trustworthy agents to gather materials for research. Will pay in gold. Contact Galdma Thundercloud.
- Help Needed: Bounty for lizards, dead or alive. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Joic Bartoville.
- Need a change of pace? Scholar seeks rare supplies: Scholar unable to gather certain supplies due to age, seeks trustworthy agents to gather materials for research. Will reward you with valuable information. Guild membership required. May include some hazards. Contact Dane Chrishouse.
- I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Reward available. Mild danger may be involved. Contact Davey Matett.
- Require an instructor learned in local lore to tutor my child. Reward is a priceless heirloom. May include some hazards. Must be a quick learner. Contact Cor.
- Help! Seeking inter-planar messenger. Will reward you with a land deed. Safety not guaranteed. Contact Arneno Fusejet.
- Aristocrat seeks apprentice. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Ang.
- Mick Carmell is a female half-dwarf who is known in the region as being a mediocre weaponsmith. She appears resentful.
- Blus Bonecracker is a male half-orc who is known in the world as being a mediocre bookseller. He appears boastful.
- Hilbard Melifield is a male halfling who is known in the world as being a mocked shoemaker. He appears impatient.
- Beil Millfellow is a male halfling who is known in the neighborhood as being a renowned hatmaker. He appears attentive.
- Adada Newden is a male halfling who is known in the world as being a renowned jeweler. He appears chatty.
- Coil Hotbody is a female halfling who is known in the neighborhood as being a reasonably skilled wagoneer. She appears loud.
- Amagold Bolgersall is a female halfling who is known in the city as being a mediocre plasterer. She appears conspirational.
- Donic Davman is a male half-orc who is known in the city as being a laughably skilled painter. He appears impatient.
- Malne Weatherwick is a male halfling who is known in the world as being a renowned sheriff. He appears jolly.
- Perdely Forestden is a male halfling who is known in the city as being a laughably skilled salter. He appears greedy.
- Tolmaida Wildfellow is a male halfling who is known in the region as being a poorly skilled soldier. He appears helpful.
- Davic Whitene is a female half-elf who is known in that part of town as being a mediocre maidservant. She appears skeptical.
- Jamey Francard is a female half-dwarf who is known in the city as being a gifted engineer. She appears xenophobic.
- Tolgrinne Tosswick is a male halfling who is known in that part of town as being a skilled seamstress. He appears lovelorn.
- Coil Flowburrow, a nervous female halfling. She is a warrior who is traveling the world as a missionary.
- Jam Southidge, a lovelorn female half-elf. She is a commoner who is fleeing a bad family situation.
- Falinado Coldden, a guilty male halfling. He is a paladin who is on a mission to capture someone.
- Jory Sheford, an impatient female half-elf. She is a fighter who is traveling with an acting troupe.
- Percobne Marshaker, a grieving male halfling. He is an aristocrat who is brokering a truce over escalating tension.
These establishments worthy of mention in North Gilmead Lock:
- The Warm Jane Rugs [+]
- The Dirty Oarhouse Force [+]
- The Wrong Cloak Junkyard [+]
- The Merry Rouge Pub [+]
- The Green Paladin Ceramics [+]
- The Eastern House Shop [+]
- The Mulled Dead Pub [+]
- The Oiled Thunderbird Purse Shop [+]
- The Honest Snake Druggist [+]
- The Marbled Hen Inc. [+]
- The Randy Dungeon Group [+]
- The Slumbering Elf Study [+]
- The Crazy Darkroot Inc. [+]
- The Dry Bag Shop [+]