- Pop. Estimate: 1,487
- Children: 15.53% (231)
- Elderly: 21.99% (327)
- 1,404 half-elf (94.4%)
- 66 human (4.4%)
- 17 other (1.1%)
- 7 Districts
- 74 Businesses
- 159 Specialists
- 192 Residences
Johnstein is known for the following resources:
- Creepy rock salt deposits that are visited frequently by gru. Rumors tell of bags of gold in a tomb nearby.
- Timber forests that are frequented by locals. Somoeone said someone found bags of small lyres hidden around somewhere.
- Unlimited rubber trees that are frequented by witches. One might find bags of gold hidden around somewhere.
- Magical spider clusters that are avoided by townspeople.
- In days gone by, an old woman haunted the town once a year and was drawn towards murderers. People say that the old woman will offer you sweets, then give you a gift if you are nice.
- Legends tell of Davry's Trident, a possessed trident with the knack to summon angels. It hasn't reappeared in years.
- Legends tell of James' Hat, a magical hat with the ability to make people cry. It disappeared after an attack by bandits.
- In times gone by, a hag roamed the countryside. Folks say that the hag will ask for your help, then banish you if you are cruel.
- Legends tell of Wratra's Throne, a cursed throne with the knack to dominate others. It mysteriously disappeared.
Job Postings [-]
- A passing Barbarian is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. Will pay in gold. Contact Jory Wilick.
- Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. May include some hazards. Will pay in gold. Contact Don Kleinliffe.
- Want to earn some quick coin? artifact tester wanted. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Dav Matcroft if interested.
- Help Needed: Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Reward is a secret. Contact Buruntek Stonechaser if interested.
- Required: Looking for work? tincure tester wanted. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Tbus Giantrot if intrigued.
- Required: I have grigs in my basement, plz halp! Will owe you a huge favor. Length of job expected to be short. Prior experience required. Contact Danry Rosenrell.
- I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Adatai Melithsong.
- Seeking inter-planar messenger. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Dav Bertt to learn more.
- Required: Grunbor Honorbelly has been kidnapped! Generous payment for safe return. Reward is a secret. Contact Surpra.
- I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Grunnir Lightningstream.
- Want to earn some quick coin? A passing Aristocrat is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. Mild danger may be involved. Will reward you with a land deed. Serious inquiries only. Contact Grimrin Steelstaff.
- Jamic Wilmell is a female human who is known in the world as being a decent coach driver. She appears accusatory.
- Hallaninne Lightcloak is a female half-elf who is known in the region as being a decent social worker. She appears jaded.
- Danic Harsford is a female human who is known in the neighborhood as being a horribly skilled woodcarver. She appears helpful.
- Mickic Giacoidge is a female human who is known in that part of town as being a reasonably skilled illuminator. She appears contrarian.
- Dan Browncombe is a female human who is known in the city as being a mediocre prostitute. She appears authoritarian.
- Jame Jackon is a female human who is known in that part of town as being a laughably skilled illuminator. She appears lovelorn.
- Jory Bener is a female human who is known in the city as being a laughably skilled physician. She appears guarded.
- Mick Bernarough is a male human who is known in the neighborhood as being a gifted cutler. He appears efficient.
- Aestaen Tyrfeather is a female half-elf who is known in the city as being a laughably skilled apothecary. She appears chatty.
- Ertthil Summerweaver is a male half-elf who is known in the city as being a mocked carpenter. He appears prejudiced.
- Don Davin is a male human who is known in the region as being a reasonably skilled bucklemaker. He appears chatty.
- Donic Davidill is a female half-elf who is known in the city as being a decent grocer. She appears loud.
- Joes Clayand is a male half-elf who is known in the city as being a decent brewer. He appears guilty.
- Dane MacKleinne is a female human who is known in the neighborhood as being a laughably skilled official. She appears self-obsessed.
- Mick Whiteton, a pacifistic male half-dwarf. He is an expert who is fleeing debtors.
- Dane VanAndremell, a chatty female half-elf. She is a warrior who is seeing the city.
- Mickic VanStagan, an intimidating male half-elf. He is a rogue who is brokering a truce over a trade war.
- Dane Stanerson, a nosy female human. She is a rogue who is here to buy supplies.
- Amaborn Hottoe, an idealistic female halfling. She is an expert who is traveling the world as a beggar.
These establishments worthy of mention in Johnstein:
- The Master Axehandle Coop Hoop [+]
- The Wanton Frogs Night Smiths [+]
- The Mulled Pot Beer Garden [+]
- The Angry Wagonhouse Shoppe [+]
- The Salty Dwarves Timberyard [+]
- The Green Peddler Pots [+]
- The Flying Hops Inc. [+]
- The Crooked Rooster Inc. [+]
- The Voluptuous Well Furs [+]
- The Burning Dead Postal Service [+]
- The Fired Twins [+]
- The Slade Stump Poor House [+]
- The Nomadic Harpoon Inc. [+]
- The Tired Pot Supplies [+]