- Pop. Estimate: 1,326
- Children: 10.63% (141)
- Elderly: 25.49% (338)
- 1,289 half-elf (97.2%)
- 19 other (1.4%)
- 18 dwarf (1.3%)
- 1 Districts
- 68 Businesses
- 143 Specialists
- 132 Residences
Old Hartville is known for the following resources:
- A haunted castle inhabited by wild cormorants that are visited frequently by locals. One might find piles of copper in a nearby pit.
- Paltry kitten glarings that are frequented by kittens.
- A cursed castle inhabited by carnivorous dragons that are hunted by locals. Nbemt Brainmouth said the locals speak of a chest containing small lyres in a dungeon.
- Many years ago, an old woman lingered in the woods when the wind blows from the east and was drawn towards those that have killed innocents. People say that the old woman will sneeze three times, then eat you.
- Legends tell of Grungan's Needle, a possessed needle with the knack to disappear on its own. It was never recovered.
- In olden times, a devil named Ghak frequented the world. They say that if you caught him, you will be stricken blind.
- Once upon a time, the townsfolk of Dunklag lived happily. Things were peaceful, but one day a ghoul named Klonm kidnapped a princess. The townsfolk tried to kill Klonm, but failed miserably. Along came a elf named Larelltars Tyrleaf, who was a sneaky thief. Larelltars had an idea to slay the ghoul by causing a distraction while others struck. When Larelltars Tyrleaf faced the ghoul, Larelltars Tyrleaf killed the ghoul.
- A long time ago, the villagers of Farmsti lived in peace. Things were quiet, but one day an evil serial killer named Dash Oxfang took a hostage and demanded a ransom. The villagers tried to stop the serial killer, but were caught. Along came a smitten deep dwarf named Thornir Sunarm, who was a skilled storyteller. Thornir had a plan to trick the serial killer by using magic to banish it. When Thornir Sunarm faced the serial killer, Thornir Sunarm killed the serial killer and was killed in the process.
Job Postings [-]
- I'm looking for rare rabbits, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. Will owe you a huge favor. Must be quick on your feet. Contact Lot.
- Help Wanted: Need a change of pace? Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Experienced professionals only. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Elgrin Wetgather.
- Help Wanted: Want to earn some quick coin? Kilm has been kidnapped! Generous payment for safe return. Length of job expected to be short. Reward is a secret. Contact Xret Ironcutter.
- Help! armor tester wanted. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Tgomn Laughfury.
- I'm looking for rare brain moles, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Junkey Tiddlywink.
- Wanted: wine tester wanted. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Brobul Dragonchest.
- Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Must be quick on your feet. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Narot Damnhowl if intrigued.
- Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Yeral se S'herssen.
- I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Must not smell. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Fally Millgrass.
- carriage racing contest this weekend. Special prize for first place finish. Will owe you a huge favor. Accidental Death insurance required. Contact Jun Cogglefuel.
- I'm looking for a Negotiator. Prior experience with troublesome feral cats required. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Hagb Headnor.
- Jo Carin is a male half-elf who is known in the region as being a mediocre haymerchant. He appears sick.
- Illrigiyn Starwater is a female half-elf who is known in the region as being a mediocre specialty smith. She appears self-obsessed.
- Danic Carfield is a male half-elf who is known in the neighborhood as being a gifted cartwright. He appears jolly.
- Borril Forgesword is a male dwarf who is known in the region as being a laughably skilled salter. He appears self-obsessed.
- Throril Shinycastle is a male dwarf who is known in the city as being a renowned fishmonger. He appears conspirational.
- Morkon Foebread is a male dwarf who is known in the region as being a gifted bookseller. He appears treasure-obsessed.
- Gwavartel Shadowglow is a male half-elf who is known in the world as being a mocked saddler. He appears attentive.
- Gordal Brandyguard is a male dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a laughably skilled potter. He appears lonely.
- Lodal Bloodmace is a female dwarf who is known in the city as being a laughably skilled butcher. She appears resentful.
- Joe Stoon is a male half-elf who is known in the neighborhood as being a reasonably skilled messenger. He appears jaded.
- Falgar Ambersapper is a male dwarf who is known in the city as being a renowned teamster. He appears self-obsessed.
- Baldal Talonvest is a female dwarf who is known in the region as being a poorly skilled carpenter. She appears mopey.
- Grundal Uglyvault is a male dwarf who is known in the city as being a decent cooper. He appears idealistic.
- Haariginne Killedrake is a male half-elf who is known in that part of town as being a reasonably skilled ship captain. He appears nihilistic.
- Durrim Bloodaxe, an insecure male dwarf. He is a bard who is here to destroy an artifact.
- Gormir Smokesapper, a jaded male dwarf. He is a monk who is fleeing overdue taxes.
- Alatai Stillsun, a spiteful male half-elf. He is an aristocrat who is seeking revenge.
- Gormir Silverchest, a worrying female dwarf. She is a fighter who is finding a missing sibling.
These establishments worthy of mention in Old Hartville:
- The Golden Frog Inc. [+]
- The Red Eagle Work Camp [+]
- The Grimy Kraken Ceramics [+]
- The Dirty Princess City Guard [+]
- The Blabbering Monkey Magic Shop [+]
- The Wobbly Alicorn Hostel [+]
- The Great Well Scabbards [+]
- The Tired Thunderbird Enchanters [+]
- The Dripping Tree Herbalist [+]
- The Dirty Mug City Guard [+]
- The Black Flask Inc. [+]
- The Grimy Dwarves Pots [+]
- The Naughty Flask Glove Shop [+]
- The Wrong Giant Temple [+]