- Pop. Estimate: 636
- Children: 15.57% (99)
- Elderly: 21.86% (139)
- 553 human (86.9%)
- 57 half-dwarf (8.9%)
- 16 dwarf (2.5%)
- 7 half-orc (1.1%)
- 3 other (0.4%)
- 3 Districts
- 29 Businesses
- 45 Specialists
- 74 Residences
Defwood is known for the following resources:
- Substantial bamboo stands that are feared by gru. Somoeone said someone found a chest containing gold in a tomb nearby.
- Huge woodpecker descents that are visited frequently by kittens. Jo Harsone said the locals speak of bags of saphires in a tomb nearby.
- Vampire dragon wiers that are avoided by vampires.
- In times gone by, an old man wandered the field when the wind blows from the west. Some say that the old man will ask for your help, then turn you into a mouse.
- Legends tell of Arbor's Sceptre, a possessed sceptre with the capability to disappear on its own. It mysteriously disappeared.
- Long, long ago in a city far, far away, a dragon named Yeral wandered the woods and was drawn towards those that have killed innocents. Some say that if you touch her, you will be driven mad.
- In olden times, a Pooka stalked the countryside every six years. People say that the Pooka will ask a favor of you, then give you a gift if you are nice.
- In the days of yore, an old man stalked the streets before dawn and was drawn towards thieves. Folks say that the old man will ask a favor of you, then sell you into slavery.
Job Postings [-]
- Need a change of pace? Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Falbard Kallicloak for further details.
- Help Needed: Lockpick needed for totally legitimate reasons. Reward is a secret. Contact James Martistone.
- Want to earn some quick coin? Someone stole my lucky stone. Find the louse, dead or alive. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Jamey Greenand.
- Help Wanted: Someone stole my holy symbol. Find the louse, dead or alive. Will reward you with valuable information. A little danger is involved, so expect hazardous duty pay. Contact Elhg.
- Require an instructor learned in math to tutor my child. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Trot Rockhost.
- Needed: Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Prior experience required. Safety not guaranteed. Reward available. Contact Tmomd Bladekill.
- Someone stole my keg. Find the louse, dead or alive. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Bea Thermoscope.
- Looking for something new? Bounty for quazits, dead or alive. A little danger is involved, so expect hazardous duty pay. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Bon Cobblebit.
- Help Needed: Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Reward available. Contact Haaellinne Blackdawn if interested.
- Brokon Saltkeg is a male half-dwarf who is known in the city as being a reasonably skilled pursemaker. He appears worrying.
- Mornir Ambermail is a male half-dwarf who is known in the world as being a poorly skilled magic dealer. He appears embittered.
- Gorgin Starmill is a female half-dwarf who is known in the city as being a decent actor. She appears healthy.
- Grumdal Grayface is a male dwarf who is known in the city as being a skilled apothecary. He appears xenophobic.
- Danes Claysone is a male half-dwarf who is known in the city as being a gifted glassmaker. He appears intimidated.
- Gorag Feastneck is a female dwarf who is known in the region as being a mediocre woodworker. She appears xenophobic.
- Mhotgig Backripper is a male half-orc who is known in that part of town as being a decent miller. He appears spiteful.
- Donry MacBrownewicz is a female human who is known in the world as being a poorly skilled ostler. She appears mocking.
- Drodal Drumtable is a female dwarf who is known in the city as being a skilled beer seller. She appears insecure.
- Ulgar Wheeltunnel is a male half-dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a mediocre hatmaker. He appears scattered.
- Garag Opalhead is a female half-dwarf who is known in the city as being a decent brewer. She appears guilty.
- Jam Goodll, a smug female human. She is a commoner who is here to destroy a rumor.
- Falkon Smartfinger, a guarded male dwarf. He is an expert who is here to destroy an artifact.
These establishments worthy of mention in Defwood:
- The Weary Mead Rugs [+]
- The Warm Dwarf Rug Shop [+]
- The Dwarven Halfling Shop [+]
- The Fawning Cock Inc. [+]
- The Fiery Clowns Shop [+]
- The Smithy Bunk Shop [+]
- The Open Ent Charcoalers [+]
- The Oiled Riverside Purse Shop [+]
- The Cardinal Beauty Farms [+]
- The Furious Axe Primary School [+]
- The Dreaming Halfling Healers [+]