- Pop. Estimate: 3,607
- Children: 17.33% (625)
- Elderly: 20.74% (748)
- 2,464 half-dwarf (68.3%)
- 834 half-orc (23.1%)
- 213 dwarf (5.9%)
- 73 elf (2%)
- 23 other (0.6%)
- 5 Districts
- 122 Businesses
- 515 Specialists
- 443 Residences
Donvale is known for the following resources:
- A blessed battle field inhabited by dangerous clams that are frequented by travelers. One might dig up piles of kitten mittens in a dungeon.
- Scant bamboo stands that are frequented by zombies. Shutgub Bonenor said one might dig up a stash of saphires in a nearby pit.
- Spider clusters that are hunted by travelers. Amada Wetbread said the locals speak of bags of small lyres hidden around somewhere.
- Bee hives that are hunted by locals.
- Years ago, a devil named Pok hunted the streets when the moon is new. Folks say that if you see him, you will never be seen again.
- Long, long ago, a witch lingered in the countryside. Some say that the witch will ask for your help, then turn you into a mouse.
- Some time ago, the constable of Gladber lived in peace. Things were quiet, but one day an evil devil named Mhush Legnor destroyed a nearby village. The constable tried to stop the devil, but failed miserably. Along came a bugbear named Tbunk Ghosttshadow, who was a sneaky thief. Tbunk had the thought to slay the devil by using magic to banish it. When Tbunk Ghosttshadow faced the devil, Tbunk Ghosttshadow killed the devil and rescued the hostages.
- Long ago, the villagers of Ladari Keep thrived. Things were peaceful, but one day an evil wizard named S'herzin se Ghessen stole a priceless heirloom. The villagers tried to kill S'herzin se Ghessen, but didn't get close. Along came a cautious half-dwarf named Throdor Tigerkeg, who was a sneaky thief. Throdor had the thought to slay the wizard by killing the wizard while she slept. When Throdor Tigerkeg faced the wizard, Throdor Tigerkeg killed the wizard.
Job Postings [-]
- Lockpick needed for totally legitimate reasons. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Khalzin se Khalssen.
- Missing gemstone. We suspect quazits are the culprit. Will pay in gold. Contact Snornir Opalriver.
- Missing painting. We suspect rabbits are the culprit. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Blutgagh Legripper.
- gnomish battle dancing contest this weekend. Special prize for first place finish. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Seesan Quillnon.
- I have imps in my basement, plz halp! Opportunity to earn a title. Contact S'hoorzor heh Ghezin for more details.
- Needed: Laborer required to bring stones to the castle. Wagon provided. Must not smell. A little danger is involved, so expect hazardous duty pay. Reward available. Contact Jamry Barngton.
- I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Reward is a secret. Contact Elhzer.
- stirge-catcher needed to keep the beasties away from the sheep and cattle. Must be clean. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Borbor Opalslayer.
- Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Will pay in gold. A little danger is involved, so expect hazardous duty pay. Contact Gaerigai Swiftcaller.
- Bounty for cockatrices, dead or alive. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Mickes Stanhews.
- unknown potion tester wanted. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Gorgin Armorstone.
- Adventurers willing to explore recently discovered ruins and return any valuable artifacts. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Coine Burrowsfellow.
- Seasonal farm hands requested to help local farms bring in their harvest. Must be clean. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Rhugtuk Headkiller to learn more.
- Joic Rosenhouse is a male half-orc who is known in that part of town as being a reasonably skilled soldier. He appears solemn.
- Aesellanae Oakstryke is a female elf who is known in the world as being a renowned wagoneer. She appears jesterly.
- Nhur Armbreaker is a female half-orc who is known in the neighborhood as being a skilled illuminator. She appears pacifistic.
- Elnaltars Winddew is a male elf who is known in the city as being a mediocre teacher. He appears jolly.
- Ellanthil Jadeeye is a female elf who is known in the region as being a decent lawyer. She appears treasure-obsessed.
- Danes Stangton is a male half-orc who is known in the neighborhood as being a laughably skilled leatherworker. He appears prejudiced.
- Done Kleintt is a male half-orc who is known in the world as being a decent wine seller. He appears clumsy.
- Illriglleu Silverdrake is a male elf who is known in the neighborhood as being a laughably skilled courtier. He appears patriotic.
- Danes Whitll is a male half-orc who is known in that part of town as being a poorly skilled smith. He appears grieving.
- Tomarg Headnor is a female half-orc who is known in the city as being a mocked chickenbutcher. She appears gosipy.
- Jam Chaerson is a female half-dwarf who is known in the city as being a mediocre carpenter. She appears shifty.
- Durgan Brightgoblet is a male dwarf who is known in the neighborhood as being a mediocre bounty hunter. He appears authoritarian.
- Gwattel Softseeker is a male elf who is known in the region as being a decent specialty smith. He appears efficient.
- Davry Jamecroft is a female half-orc who is known in the city as being a mocked furrier. She appears solemn.
- Ghummum Skullcracker is a female half-orc who is known in the neighborhood as being a skilled grocer. She appears skeptical.
- Dav Cormell is a male half-dwarf who is known in the region as being a mediocre sage. He appears nihilistic.
- Arn Electroblast, an authoritarian male gnome. He is a warrior who is following the voices.
- S'herssen heh Khalzin, a patronizing female lizardfolk. She is a commoner who is traveling the world as a missionary.
- Mickic Andrmell, a cautious female half-orc. She is a rogue who is here to secretly assassinate a thug.
- S'herzor seh Ghezor, a vengeful female lizardfolk. She is an adept who is finding a missing artifact.
- Ama Curlytoe, an accusatory male halfling. He is a fighter who is following rediscovered ancient lore.
- Malgrimly Siretalker, a battle-ready male halfling. He is a fighter who is seeing the world.
- Xturm Ogrerender, an embittered male hobgoblin. He is a cleric who is brokering a truce over escalating tension.
- Dugan Oxclaw, a sick female ogre. She is an expert who is finding work as a mercenary.
- Dones Smithmell, a xenophobic male half-orc. He is an adept who is traveling the world as a missionary.
- Carson Rocketbit, a violent male gnome. He is a cleric who is traveling the world as an unemployed specialist.
These establishments worthy of mention in Donvale:
- The Lazy Peacock Wainwright [+]
- The Ever-full Bill Ale House [+]
- The Greasy Heart Scabbards [+]
- The Violent Pipe Inc. [+]
- The Lonely Crate Inc. [+]
- The Gritty House Docs [+]
- The Elven Giant Money Lenders [+]
- The Slippery Dwarves Textiles [+]
- The Fired Axe [+]
- The Burly Ent Leatherworks [+]
- The Crippled Cavern Inc. [+]
- The Wobblin' Lotus Construction [+]
- The Lonely Badger Inc. [+]
- The Nomadic Demon Inc. [+]
- The Stowaway Turkey House of Colors [+]
- The Murdered Skull Inc. [+]