- Pop. Estimate: 316
- Children: 12.97% (41)
- Elderly: 23.73% (75)
- 245 human (77.5%)
- 26 halfling (8.2%)
- 20 gnome (6.3%)
- 16 half-elf (5%)
- 4 half-orc (1.2%)
- 4 elf (1.2%)
- 1 other (0.3%)
- 3 Districts
- 10 Businesses
- 12 Specialists
- 38 Residences
Balddar is known for the following resources:
- Creepy cork bushes that are avoided by witches. Somoeone said someone found a stash of emeralds hidden around somewhere.
- Rich spider clusters that are frequented by magic users.
- In times past, a Boogyman hunted the swamps when the wind blows from the east. They say that the Boogyman will sneeze three times, then carry you away.
- Way back when, the constable of Benstone Gate lived in harmony. Things were good, but one day an evil spirit named S'heral se Ghezin destroyed a nearby village. The constable tried to stop the spirit, but failed miserably. Along came a chatty gnome named Jun Thermoscope, who was a sneaky thief. Jun had the thought to slay the spirit by making a wager with S'heral se Ghezin. When Jun Thermoscope faced the spirit, Jun Thermoscope defeated S'heral se Ghezin and was killed in the process.
- Long, long ago, the constable of Aniald Creek lived in harmony. Things were peaceful, but one day an evil ghoul named Ganthiula Dawnganthi stole a priceless heirloom. The constable tried to stop the ghoul, but were caught. Along came a lizardfolk named Gheal teh Gheal, who was a skilled storyteller. Gheal had a plan to trick the ghoul by using magic to banish it. When Gheal teh Gheal faced the ghoul, Gheal teh Gheal tricked Ganthiula Dawnganthi and rescued Aniald Creek.
- In days gone by, a hag haunted the region and was drawn towards murderers. People say that the hag will ask for your help, then sell you into slavery.
- Legends tell of Tudub's Painting, a cursed painting with the power to summon demons. It was last seen years ago.
Job Postings [-]
- Bored? Scholar seeks rare supplies: Scholar unable to gather owlbear beak due to age, seeks trustworthy agents to gather materials for research. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Mickry Andren.
- Help Wanted: Lockpick needed for totally legitimate reasons. No pay until task is completed successfully. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Darnallas Freaniseeker.
- Adventurers willing to explore recently discovered ruins and return any valuable artifacts. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Klarana Dawnsoult.
- I'm looking for rare darkmantles, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. Will reward you with valuable information. Experienced professionals only. Contact Jop.
- Need a change of pace? I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Will pay in gold. Contact Done Southin.
- Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Reward available. Contact S'herzor se S'hoorssen for more information.
- Looking for something new? Scholar seeks rare supplies: Scholar unable to gather certain supplies due to age, seeks trustworthy agents to gather materials for research. Will pay in gold. Contact Yap.
- Davey Gilen is a female half-elf who is known in the world as being a skilled cooper. She appears mocking.
- Zrazok Mokcrusher The Brave is a male half-orc who is known in the city as being a gifted professor. He appears clumsy.
- Chahiaiyn Waveeye is a female elf who is known in the world as being a gifted wine seller. She appears jolly.
- Gaelantel Floralhand is a male half-elf who is known in the world as being a decent wagoneer. He appears beligerent.
- DeDan Stosone is a female human who is known in the neighborhood as being a decent roofer. She appears quiet.
- Bontsy Tinkercog is a male gnome who is known in the neighborhood as being a skilled navigator. He appears apologetic.
- Faeriganae Myrthsky is a male elf who is known in the world as being a mediocre specialty smith. He appears patronizing.
- Eltssa Rootweaver is a female half-elf who is known in that part of town as being a decent chickenbutcher. She appears forbidding.
- Haattel Wolfwing is a female elf who is known in that part of town as being a poorly skilled prostitute. She appears pacifistic.
- Mhom Legcrusher, a fatalistic female half-orc. She is a commoner who is here to buy spices.
These establishments worthy of mention in Balddar:
- The Great Giant Scabbards [+]
- The Wobblin' Octopus Roofing [+]
- The Black Halflings Inc. [+]
- The Twin Nomad Enchanters [+]
- The Flying Halflings Inc. [+]
- The Wandering Twins Night Smiths [+]
- The Slumbering Pipe Study [+]
- The Sterling Flame Sculptures [+]
- The Plaid Urchin Hostel [+]