- Pop. Estimate: 492
- Children: 13.82% (68)
- Elderly: 23.17% (114)
- 339 troglodyte (68.9%)
- 123 drow (25%)
- 18 lizardfolk (3.6%)
- 7 other (1.4%)
- 5 goblin (1%)
- 3 Districts
- 16 Businesses
- 21 Specialists
- 64 Residences
Benville is known for the following resources:
- Rock salt deposits that are avoided by vampires. Loril Goodnose said the locals speak of piles of saphires in a nearby pit.
- Primal hemp fields that are frequented by locals. Somoeone said someone found a stash of iron maidens in a dungeon.
- An ancient battle field inhabited by wild crows that are frequented by witches.
- In the olden days, an old man hunted the field. People say that the old man will offer you sweets, then turn you into a mouse.
- Legends tell of Thorkon's Rake, a special rake with the ability to solve any riddle. It was last seen years ago.
- Way back when, the townsfolk of Clearna lived happily. Things were quiet, but one day an evil demon named S'herzor ahn Ghezor slayed a local hero. The townsfolk tried to kill S'herzor ahn Ghezor, but didn't get close. Along came a hero named Yororin Strongstream, who was a sneaky thief. Yororin had an idea to slay the demon by killing the demon while she slept. When Yororin Strongstream faced the demon, Yororin Strongstream banished S'herzor ahn Ghezor.
- In the olden days, a vampire named Pors hunted the woods and was drawn towards misbehaving children. Villagers say that if you see her, you will be driven mad.
- Some time ago, a hag wandered the woods. Commoners say that the hag will ask for your help, then steal your soul.
Job Postings [-]
- Require an instructor learned in astrology to tutor my child. Will reward you with valuable information. A little danger is involved, so expect hazardous duty pay. Contact Guduk Oxsnout.
- Help! Brods Foulhowl has been kidnapped! Generous payment for safe return. Will pay in gold. References required. Contact Nbun Brainbone.
- I have carniverous butterflies in my basement, plz halp! Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Gkutzar Metalrot for further details.
- Missing statue. We suspect imps are the culprit. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Must provide your own transportation. Contact Gat if interested.
- I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. References required. Reward is a secret. Contact Elnallas Oakbough.
- Adventurers willing to explore recently discovered ruins and return any valuable artifacts. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Podtek Earthwalker.
- Looking for work? Require an instructor learned in herbalism to tutor my child. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Zrodarz Armcracker.
- Khalzor heh S'hoorzin is a male lizardfolk who is known in the region as being a decent miller. He appears vengeful.
- Ghessen fe Gheal is a female lizardfolk who is known in that part of town as being a mediocre teamster. She appears shifty.
- Khalal seh S'hoorzin is a male lizardfolk who is known in the city as being a decent barber. He appears cautious.
- Chalenlas Hlaewalker is a male drow who is known in that part of town as being a gifted mason. He appears lonely.
- Ilyttel Goldmane is a female drow who is known in the city as being a mediocre innkeeper. She appears lovelorn.
- Yerzor se Khalzor is a female lizardfolk who is known in the neighborhood as being a gifted carpenter. She appears embittered.
- Elhka is a male troglodyte who is known in that part of town as being a gifted tinker. He appears flirtatious.
- Dzuemt Oozerot is a female goblin who is known in the neighborhood as being a decent brewer. She appears cowed.
- Khalssen fe Yerssen is a male lizardfolk who is known in the neighborhood as being a decent messenger. He appears guilty.
- S'herzin ahn S'herzor, a sick male lizardfolk. He is a commoner who is following rumors of riches.
- Yap, a patronizing male kobold. He is an expert who is delivering a message to a peasant.
These establishments worthy of mention in Benville:
- The Singing Tower Ship Repair [+]
- The Crazy Crow Inc. [+]
- The Chicken Harpoon Farmers Market [+]
- The Musty Bill Glove Makers [+]
- The Sleepy Wench Fabrics [+]
- The Chicken Halfling Farms [+]
- The Wobblin' Frog Roofing [+]
- The Forsaken Kettles General Goods [+]
- The Rampaging Badger Group [+]