- Pop. Estimate: 261
- Children: 19.92% (52)
- Elderly: 18.39% (48)
- 193 elf (73.9%)
- 52 gnome (19.9%)
- 15 half-orc (5.7%)
- 1 other (0.3%)
- 4 Districts
- 8 Businesses
- 8 Specialists
- 32 Residences
Gladlanding is known for the following resources:
- Magical cocoa bean fields that are visited frequently by zombies. Gush Boarroot said one might dig up bags of small lyres in a well.
- A haunted shrine inhabited by defenseless bats that are frequented by zombies. Dush Beartooth said the locals speak of piles of rubies in a dungeon.
- A magical mine inhabited by carnivorous quails that are hunted by witches. One might dig up bags of rubies buried near there.
- Legends tell of Morgin's Apple, a cursed apple with the knack to find any item. It disappeared after an attack by bandits.
- In days gone by, the constable of DeGavenwater Vernon lived in peace. Things were good, but one day Wouril the vampire took a hostage and demanded a ransom. The constable tried to stop the vampire, but failed miserably. Along came a gnome named Hewina Gearwink, who was a sneaky thief. Hewina had an idea to slay the vampire by causing a distraction while others struck. When Hewina Gearwink faced the vampire, Hewina Gearwink tricked Wouril and was killed in the process.
- In times past, a vampire named Elhs roamed the town. Folks say that if you caught her, you will be eaten alive unless you offer your most valued possession.
- In times past, a witch stalked the countryside and was drawn towards those that have killed innocents. Commoners say that the witch will offer you sweets, then eat you.
Job Postings [-]
- Need a change of pace? Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Kzok Greatmouth for more details.
- Bored? Seeking inter-planar messenger. Must submit to magical scrutiny. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Vothra for more details.
- Required: Scholar seeks rare supplies: Scholar unable to gather medical supplies due to age, seeks trustworthy agents to gather materials for research. Reward available. No pay until task is completed successfully. Must be a quick learner. Contact Faerigaen Dewbough.
- I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Reward available. Contact Babbakh Bonesnapper.
- non-lethal poison tester wanted. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Jamry VanBlackden.
- I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Prior experience required. Will pay in gold. Contact Rbods Evildamn.
- Required: Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. No pay until task is completed successfully. Reward available. Contact Durdal Startracker to learn more.
- Donic Carerton is a male half-orc who is known in the neighborhood as being a skilled artist. He appears homesick.
- Joe Sheston is a female half-orc who is known in that part of town as being a gifted outfitter. She appears jesterly.
- Tul Triggersprocket is a male gnome who is known in that part of town as being a decent ship captain. He appears forgetful.
- Delellthil Duskingspear is a male elf who is known in the region as being a gifted librarian. He appears sick.
- Shaman Obbbud Armnor is a female half-orc who is known in the world as being a laughably skilled tailor. She appears easily offended.
- Darnallas Firefire is a female elf who is known in the neighborhood as being a decent courtier. She appears cautious.
- Faenalaen Mistweave is a male elf who is known in the world as being a laughably skilled warehouse worker. He appears apologetic.
- Tad Armkiller is a male half-orc who is known in the neighborhood as being a reasonably skilled official. He appears mopey.
- Haatanae Auvreafire is a male elf who is known in that part of town as being a laughably skilled messenger. He appears guarded.
- Rhutzak Backcrusher, a chatty male half-orc. He is a fighter who is on a mission for diplomacy.
These establishments worthy of mention in Gladlanding:
- The Tired Rooster Supplies [+]
- The Greasy Hole Sheath Store [+]
- The Lascivious Alicorn Inc. [+]
- The Rusty Cup Inc. [+]
- The Ever-full Jade Ale House [+]
- The Rusty Cock Inc. [+]
- The Violent Wagon Inc. [+]
- The Lazy Frogs Wainwright [+]
- The Tired Whisper Enchanters [+]