- Pop. Estimate: 14,806
- Children: 29.60% (4,382)
- Elderly: 12.00% (1,776)
- 7,670 drow (51.8%)
- 5,094 half-orc (34.4%)
- 770 minotaur (5.2%)
- 445 goblin (3%)
- 341 halfling (2.3%)
- 249 other (1.6%)
- 237 elf (1.6%)
- 4 Districts
- 293 Businesses
- 2,249 Specialists
- 1,792 Residences
Chatswell is known for the following resources:
- Beaver colonies that are feared by children.
- Abundant cobra quivers that are avoided by travelers. Mororin Grandaltar said rumors tell of piles of iron maidens hidden around somewhere.
- Abundant dangerous cormorant flights that are avoided by kittens. One might find a stash of diamonds hidden around somewhere.
- Paltry old palm oil trees that are avoided by townspeople. One might dig up a chest containing iron maidens in a nearby pit.
- Poisonous spider clusters that are feared by travelers.
- In times past, the townsfolk of Hornwater thrived. Things were good, but one day an evil spirit named Wat kidnapped a princess. The townsfolk tried to stop the spirit, but failed miserably. Along came a dwarf named Skaond Armorbreaker, who was a skilled storyteller. Skaond had an idea to slay the spirit by causing a distraction while others struck. When Skaond Armorbreaker faced the spirit, Skaond Armorbreaker banished Wat and rescued Hornwater.
- Long, long ago, an old woman hunted the swamps. Some say that the old woman will offer you sweets, then steal your soul.
- A long time ago, a murderer named Tbexn wandered the streets once a year. They say that if you touch her, you will be stricken blind.
Job Postings [-]
- Wanted: Missing shoe. We suspect brain moles are the culprit. Reward is a secret. Contact Khalssen heh Khalzor.
- Adventurers willing to explore recently discovered ruins and return any valuable artifacts. Will reward you with valuable information. Special attire required. Contact Junkey Electrobolt for more information.
- Help Needed: I have giant spiders in my basement, plz halp! Reward is a secret. Contact Abalenthil Dryearbreeze.
- Need a change of pace? Someone stole my tiara. Find the louse, dead or alive. Accidental Death insurance required. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Mickic Blacktone.
- Looking for work? Hearty souls needed to recover stolen jewel. Reward is a secret. Experienced professionals only. Contact Ilynalai Keensight.
- Looking for work? Bounty for toads, dead or alive. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Chalanaen Cyredrisen.
- Wanted: Laborer required to bring stones to the castle. Wagon provided. Reward available. Must not smell. Contact Baldin Claysword.
- onion eating contest this weekend. Special prize for first place finish. Length of job expected to be short. Reward is a secret. Must submit to magical scrutiny. Contact Gwariganae Silentgale.
- Needed: I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Opportunity to earn a title. Length of job expected to be short. Contact Diglut Legripper.
- Bored? I'm looking for rare derros, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Tomlin Wizztonk.
- Want to earn some quick coin? toads-catcher needed to keep the beasties away from the sheep and cattle. Reward is a secret. Contact Falgrim Talbridge to learn more.
- Davry Shesone has been kidnapped! Generous payment for safe return. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Zok Metalmouth.
- A passing Bard is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. Will reward you with a land deed. Must provide your own transportation. Contact Cor for further details.
- Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Will pay in gold. Contact Halvarinne Kindrunner.
- Wanted: Looking for work? Zatzak Headsnapper has been kidnapped! Generous payment for safe return. Will reward you with valuable information. References required. Contact Trus Laughbone for more information.
- Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Safety not guaranteed. Reward is a secret. Contact Dobel Bearsnout.
- Needed: Seasonal farm hands requested to help local farms bring in their harvest. Will reward you with a land deed. Safety not guaranteed. Accidental Death insurance required. Contact Joe Castfield for further details.
- James Dilson is a female half-orc who is known in the region as being a mediocre jailer. She appears battle-ready.
- Falil Overgoat is a female halfling who is known in the region as being a reasonably skilled salter. She appears jesterly.
- Ertanae Stillshield is a female drow who is known in the region as being a skilled sage. She appears battle-ready.
- Rugor Rantshredder is a female goblin who is known in the world as being a decent bounty hunter. She appears guarded.
- Gaeellinne Killerunner is a male drow who is known in the neighborhood as being a poorly skilled magic dealer. He appears nihilistic.
- Delrigthil Longfeather is a female elf who is known in the world as being a poorly skilled astrologer. She appears easily offended.
- Be Warmfellow is a female halfling who is known in the region as being a mediocre sculptor. She appears cautious.
- Adaine Heatherskin is a male halfling who is known in the region as being a renowned timberwright. He appears patronizing.
- Malmira Tightaunt is a male halfling who is known in the world as being a mediocre laborer. He appears vengeful.
- Malcoly Bolgerbottle is a female halfling who is known in the world as being a laughably skilled ship captain. She appears drunken.
- Ama Buncemidas is a male halfling who is known in the neighborhood as being a reasonably skilled bleacher. He appears smug.
- Bobga Stonestride is a female minotaur who is known in the neighborhood as being a skilled beer seller. She appears egotistical.
- Sratgurz Armnor is a male half-orc who is known in the neighborhood as being a gifted mason. He appears resentful.
- Larlaninne Blueheart is a male drow who is known in the city as being a reasonably skilled handyman. He appears jolly.
- Faerigthil Frostgazer is a female drow who is known in the region as being a mediocre collier. She appears nervous.
- Podana Dawngath is a male minotaur who is known in the neighborhood as being a reasonably skilled teamster. He appears apologetic.
- Toshmain Kazitalon is a female minotaur who is known in the world as being a decent bleacher. She appears boastful.
- Elmira Asheye is a male halfling who is known in the world as being a mocked official. He appears prejudiced.
- Tauriki Earthmist is a male minotaur who is known in the world as being a decent scabbardmaker. He appears violent.
- Gwavartars Blueglider is a female drow who is known in the world as being a skilled trader. She appears impatient.
- Erhialleu Shadegrove is a female drow who is known in the city as being a laughably skilled shoemaker. She appears jaded.
- Kor Rockhand, an exhausted male goblin. He is a rogue who is fleeing from forced labor.
- Ceelak, a mocking female troglodyte. She is a warrior who is traveling the world as a pilgrim.
- Alanaliyn Moonshield, a prejudiced male elf. He is a commoner who is delivering a message to a ruler.
- Alearttel Moonheart, a pious androgynous drow. It is an expert who is finding work as a merchant.
- Thormir Armorbreaker, a skeptical male half-dwarf. He is a bard who is here to destroy a misconception.
- Don Davnson, a battle-ready female human. She is a cleric who is cleaning out a wealthy person.
- Rxun Greatdeath, a smug male hobgoblin. He is a commoner who is following rediscovered ancient lore.
- Tbun Laughrender, a trusting female goblin. She is a wizard who is finding work as a healer.
- Droorin Firerobe, a guarded male dwarf. He is an aristocrat who is doing something nefarious.
- Junton Tiddlygauge, a chatty male gnome. He is a commoner who is here to destroy an artifact.
- Ghosurg Mokkiller, a patriotic male orc. He is a rogue who is traveling the world as a missionary.
- Ghabel Oakroot, a deluded male ogre. He is a fighter who is delivering a message to a ruler.
These establishments worthy of mention in Chatswell:
- The Fermented Cloak Shoppe [+]
- The Shallow Pony Saw Mill [+]
- The Gelded Three Reform School [+]
- The Gray Lotus Inc. [+]
- The Dwarven Flask Shoppe [+]
- The Screaming Octopus Timberyard [+]
- The Lecherous Skull Glass Crafters [+]
- The Dew Widowers City Guard [+]
- The Noisy Hearthstone Inc. [+]
- The Dew Bag Guard House [+]
- The Chicken Fig Farms [+]
- The Whistling Toad Inc. [+]
- The Violet Wine Kennels [+]
- The Knotted Badger Inc. [+]
- The Violent Road Inc. [+]
- The Burly Tree Leatherworks [+]
- The Playful Days Youth Hostel [+]
- The Shining Lotus Timber Mill [+]
- The Mended Troll Coop Hoop [+]
- The Cardinal House Farmers Market [+]
- The Stinking Kraken Sculptures [+]