- Pop. Estimate: 471
- Children: 9.98% (47)
- Elderly: 25.90% (122)
- 282 lizardfolk (59.8%)
- 141 deep dwarf (29.9%)
- 38 ogre (8%)
- 5 hobgoblin (1%)
- 5 other (1%)
- 4 Districts
- 16 Businesses
- 21 Specialists
- 60 Residences
Grand Dowana is known for the following resources:
- Wild cormorant flights that are frequented by children. One might dig up a stash of copper buried near there.
- Poisonous parrot companies that are visited frequently by gru.
- A creepy gazebo inhabited by vampire kangaroos that are visited frequently by locals. Dom Skullnor said the locals speak of bags of rubies in a nearby pit.
- In the olden days, a demon named Vess'k'morn frequented the swamps. Some say that if you touch her, you will die within 24 hours.
- Years ago, the townsfolk of Boomshall lived in harmony. Things were quiet, but one day an evil minotaur named Ghommok Headkiller kidnapped a princess. The townsfolk tried to kill Ghommok Headkiller, but didn't get close. Along came Car the kobold, who was a sneaky thief. Car had an idea to slay the minotaur by making a wager with Ghommok Headkiller. When Car faced the minotaur, Car defeated Ghommok Headkiller.
- In times gone by, the constable of Port Hawlag thrived. Things were good, but one day a devil named Zit took a hostage and demanded a ransom. The constable tried to kill Zit, but failed miserably. Along came a gambling half-elf named Donic Bartocroft, who was an expert bowman. Donic had a plan to trick the devil by causing a distraction while others struck. When Donic Bartocroft faced the devil, Donic Bartocroft defeated Zit and rescued the hostages.
- In times gone by, a ghoul named Dzuurm frequented the woods. Villagers say that if you face him, you will be driven mad.
- Years ago, the villagers of Durnac Acres lived happily. Things were always nice, but one day a monster named S'hoorssen teh Gheal took over the town. The villagers tried to stop the monster, but were caught. Along came Xror Rockmaw the goblin, who was an expert bowman. Xror had the thought to slay the monster by killing the monster while she slept. When Xror Rockmaw faced the monster, Xror Rockmaw killed the monster and was killed in the process.
Job Postings [-]
- Someone stole my puppy. Find the louse, dead or alive. Will pay in gold. Contact Dush Rockfang if intrigued.
- Laborer required to bring stones to the castle. Wagon provided. Will pay in gold. Contact Donic Brohews.
- Hearty souls needed to recover stolen shovel. No pay until task is completed successfully. Opportunity to earn a title. References required. Contact Rhuglath Neckripper.
- Help Wanted: Adventurers willing to explore recently discovered ruins and return any valuable artifacts. Will pay in gold. Contact Harvy if intrigued.
- Want to earn some quick coin? I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Will owe you a huge favor. Special attire required. Contact Elcob Bunceswan.
- Looking for something new? I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Reward available. Contact Duk Rockfang if interested.
- I'm looking for rare feral cats, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Jory Burson.
- Daap Boartooth is a female ogre who is known in that part of town as being a renowned entertainer. She appears xenophobic.
- Pogan Rockbranch is a male ogre who is known in the neighborhood as being a horribly skilled interpreter. He appears impatient.
- Dak Eagleroot is a male ogre who is known in that part of town as being a gifted carpenter. He appears jolly.
- Thorrim Coppergrave is a female deep dwarf who is known in the neighborhood as being a mediocre porter. She appears guarded.
- Armir Goodrobe is a male deep dwarf who is known in the city as being a decent cheesemaker. He appears forbidding.
- Snorril Deepkeg is a male deep dwarf who is known in the neighborhood as being a decent coach driver. He appears embittered.
- Mororin Ratchisel is a male deep dwarf who is known in the world as being a decent locksmith. He appears gosipy.
- S'herssen ahn Yerzor is a male lizardfolk who is known in the world as being a decent forester. He appears cowed.
- Rugog Ogrerender is a male hobgoblin who is known in that part of town as being a decent baker. He appears fashion concious.
- Rugexn Damnhand, an outlandish male hobgoblin. He is a paladin who is traveling with an expidition.
- Rop, a flirtatious male kobold. He is a bard who is delivering a message to a scholar.
These establishments worthy of mention in Grand Dowana:
- The Fat Toad Inc. [+]
- The Wrong Mead Depot [+]
- The Fired Swagger [+]
- The Robber Wench Inc. [+]
- The Plaid Lion Youth Hostel [+]
- The Worn Bunk Shrine [+]
- The Crimson Nomad Inc. [+]
- The Burly Weasels Leatherworks [+]
- The Hanging Dungeon Mill [+]