- Pop. Estimate: 3,892
- Children: 19.42% (756)
- Elderly: 19.24% (749)
- 1,316 gnome (33.8%)
- 1,238 half-dwarf (31.8%)
- 997 halfling (25.6%)
- 226 elf (5.8%)
- 106 human (2.7%)
- 9 other (0.2%)
- 6 Districts
- 124 Businesses
- 531 Specialists
- 396 Residences
Carbin is known for the following resources:
- An ancient tower inhabited by poisonous peacocks that are hunted by unicorns. Wrathul said the locals speak of bags of monkey wrenches in a tomb nearby.
- A creepy castle inhabited by tame kangaroos that are avoided by kittens. Uap Oxclaw said rumors tell of a stash of iron maidens buried near there.
- Magical new amber mines that are hunted by witches. Azgani Earthrangli said one might dig up a stash of saphires in a tomb nearby.
- Long ago, a minotaur named Surpg wandered the swamps when the moon is new. They say that if you see him, you will be stricken blind unless you complete a quest.
- A long time ago, the villagers of Cortow Vernon lived happily. Things were quiet, but one day an evil dragon named Khalzor teh Yerssen stole a priceless heirloom. The villagers tried to kill Khalzor teh Yerssen, but were caught. Along came a impatient goblin named Xodezn Bladedamn, who was a valiant knight. Xodezn had a plan to trick the dragon by causing a distraction while others struck. When Xodezn Bladedamn faced the dragon, Xodezn Bladedamn killed the dragon.
- Once upon a time, a lich named Rugomd stalked the streets. People say that if you confront her, you will be driven mad.
- In the olden days, the villagers of Grindar lived in peace. Things were good, but one day Khalal heh Khalzin the minotaur kidnapped a princess. The villagers tried to kill Khalal heh Khalzin, but didn't get close. Along came Davey Kleinter the lycanthrope, who was a skilled storyteller. Davey had an idea to slay the minotaur by causing a distraction while others struck. When Davey Kleinter faced the minotaur, Davey Kleinter banished Khalal heh Khalzin.
Job Postings [-]
- Need a change of pace? Someone stole my jewel. Find the louse, dead or alive. Mild danger may be involved. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Gogan Rockclaw if intrigued.
- Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Will reward you with a land deed. Mild danger may be involved. Contact Wit.
- Lockpick needed for totally legitimate reasons. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Mallin Gearsprocket.
- Help Wanted: Need a change of pace? Require an instructor learned in alchemy to tutor my child. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact El Thornbones.
- Help Wanted: I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Special attire required. Opportunity to earn a title. Mild danger may be involved. Contact Tom Triggerfiz for more information.
- Help Needed: Missing valuables. We suspect brain moles are the culprit. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Rrazig Neckkiller for more details.
- Help Wanted: A passing Commoner is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. Reward available. Discretion required. Contact S'hoorzor heh Khalssen.
- Bored? I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Faenalssa Norreriver.
- Help Needed: Want to earn some quick coin? I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Dabel Oxroot.
- A passing Druid is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Jop if intrigued.
- rabbits-catcher needed to keep the beasties away from the sheep and cattle. Must submit to magical scrutiny. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Jory Brott.
- feral cats-catcher needed to keep the beasties away from the sheep and cattle. Will pay in gold. Contact Illriginne Longoak.
- Bored? I have quazits in my basement, plz halp! Reward available. Must be quick on your feet. Contact Daduk Eaglesnout.
- Serine Linghost is a male halfling who is known in the region as being a horribly skilled tanner. He appears thick.
- Babby Triggerscope is a female gnome who is known in the neighborhood as being a renowned soldier. She appears violent.
- Alliton Gyrowink is a male gnome who is known in the world as being a decent woodworker. He appears trusting.
- Fal Farswan is a female halfling who is known in the world as being a skilled official. She appears territorial.
- Mick Broen is a female half-dwarf who is known in the neighborhood as being a horribly skilled wagoneer. She appears gluttonous.
- Adaartanae Jadegleam is a female elf who is known in the neighborhood as being a poorly skilled potter. She appears jesterly.
- Chatlas Frostgazer is a female elf who is known in the world as being a reasonably skilled fishmonger. She appears violent.
- Malnelline Plumptopple is a female halfling who is known in the city as being a mocked baker. She appears lovelorn.
- Pode Bandabridge is a male halfling who is known in the neighborhood as being a reasonably skilled sage. He appears prejudiced.
- Elavarthil Maernwhisper is a male elf who is known in the region as being a laughably skilled jailer. He appears authoritarian.
- Aeslanai Eythershadow is a female elf who is known in the region as being a skilled herbalist. She appears gambling.
- Donry Jackewicz is a male half-dwarf who is known in the neighborhood as being a laughably skilled vintner. He appears cowed.
- Tol Tighlock is a male halfling who is known in the neighborhood as being a gifted collier. He appears apologetic.
- Don Peteran is a male half-dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a reasonably skilled good samaritan. He appears contrarian.
- Elel Plumpheart is a male halfling who is known in the world as being a decent actor. He appears conspirational.
- Jo Francton is a female human who is known in the city as being a gifted roofer. She appears apologetic.
- Mickey Benell, a boastful female half-orc. She is an aristocrat who is on a mission to collect a debt.
- Morril Oilleg, an apologetic male half-dwarf. He is a commoner who is here to destroy an artifact.
- Charigssa Brightears, a prejudiced female elf. She is a bard who is finding work as a merchant.
- Tol Bandawart, a contrarian male halfling. He is an expert who is seeing the world.
- Elalenai Wolfnight, a resentful female half-elf. She is an expert who is delivering a message to a merchant.
- Abarim Orangebattler, a deluded female dwarf. She is a cleric who is here to buy supplies.
- Filrigava Leafrunner, a thick male elf. He is a fighter who is delivering a message to a thug.
- Daney Marling, an easily offended female half-dwarf. She is an expert who is finding a missing map.
- Rhoz Skullcracker, a mocking male half-orc. He is an aristocrat who is finding work as a mercenary.
These establishments worthy of mention in Carbin:
- The Ever-full Cock Ale House [+]
- The Wistful Mug Shop [+]
- The Noisy Wolfhound Inc. [+]
- The Highlighted Halfling Star Gazers [+]
- The Crooked Weasels Inc. [+]
- The Belching Hearthstone Shoppe [+]
- The Voluptuous Hammer Meats [+]
- The Gray Greyhound Inc. [+]
- The Whirling Fox Meat Handlers [+]
- The Dwarven Wench Shoppe [+]
- The Frosted Helix Shrine [+]
- The Whistling Hammer Inc. [+]
- The Desert Kettles Inc. [+]
- The Violent Widowers Inc. [+]
- The Fat Twins Inc. [+]
- The Strangled Lion General Merchandise [+]