- Pop. Estimate: 1,719
- Children: 33.45% (575)
- Elderly: 9.25% (159)
- 1,386 half-dwarf (80.6%)
- 224 half-orc (13%)
- 37 human (2.1%)
- 21 halfling (1.2%)
- 18 elf (1%)
- 18 gnome (1%)
- 15 other (0.8%)
- 4 Districts
- 79 Businesses
- 195 Specialists
- 199 Residences
Carlains is known for the following resources:
- A blessed castle inhabited by vampire quails that are frequented by locals.
- Many woodpecker descents that are avoided by locals. Loaara Longkan said somoeone said someone found bags of kitten mittens buried near there.
- A creepy fort inhabited by carnivorous caterpillars that are avoided by unicorns.
- Legends tell of Skabul's Bag of beans, a unique bag of beans with the knack to answer any question. It hasn't reappeared in years.
- A long time ago, the royals of Hambdine Keep lived in peace. Things were good, but one day Narun Metaldeath the dragon stole a priceless heirloom. The royals tried to stop the dragon, but were caught. Along came a goblin named Tbun Giantdoom, who was a skilled storyteller. Tbun had the thought to slay the dragon by making a wager with Narun Metaldeath. When Tbun Giantdoom faced the dragon, Tbun Giantdoom killed the dragon and was killed in the process.
Job Postings [-]
- Bounty for quazits, dead or alive. Reward available. Contact Kamm Neckbreaker for more information.
- Someone stole my chalice. Find the louse, dead or alive. No pay until task is completed successfully. Will pay in gold. Contact Hewson Gyrofiz.
- Looking for something new? Borbul Silverbridge has been kidnapped! Generous payment for safe return. Reward available. Must be a quick learner. Contact Porka.
- Want to earn some quick coin? I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Will pay in gold. Contact Hilmira Lightningtoe.
- Someone stole my relic. Find the louse, dead or alive. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Daney Broham for more details.
- Hearty souls needed to recover stolen painting. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Don Stanmell for further details.
- Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Will pay in gold. May include some hazards. Contact Adado Greenarrow.
- artifact tester wanted. Will pay in gold. Contact Aeslenssa Swiftoak for more details.
- Help! Lockpick needed for totally legitimate reasons. Will pay in gold. Must not smell. Contact Coddek Skyganthi.
- Help Needed: Looking for something new? grog tester wanted. Reward available. Contact Durag Honorcairn.
- Missing shoe. We suspect feral cats are the culprit. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact S'herzin ahn Ghezin for more information.
- Looking for work? I'm looking for a Negotiator. Prior experience with troublesome homuncului required. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Joic Broett if intrigued.
- Shubd Legkiller is a female half-orc who is known in that part of town as being a reasonably skilled mason. She appears forgetful.
- Doney Tramill is a male half-dwarf who is known in the region as being a poorly skilled courtier. He appears treasure-obsessed.
- Gwavarava Gyssestrike is a female elf who is known in the city as being a mediocre good samaritan. She appears boastful.
- Don Casrell is a female half-dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a renowned mason. She appears unreliable.
- Grimgin Holyankle is a female half-dwarf who is known in the region as being a renowned actor. She appears mocking.
- Maldily Hometoe is a female halfling who is known in the region as being a mediocre specialty smith. She appears chatty.
- Barrin Coalbellows is a female half-dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a renowned bucklemaker. She appears authoritarian.
- Mick Goodon is a female half-orc who is known in the neighborhood as being a mocked shoemaker. She appears mocking.
- Torrette Greasefiz is a female gnome who is known in the world as being a renowned watercarrier. She appears pacifistic.
- Jamic Danliffe is a male half-dwarf who is known in the neighborhood as being a poorly skilled jailer. He appears sick.
- Alalanlleu Shadowhunter is a female elf who is known in the world as being a reasonably skilled locksmith. She appears spiteful.
- Jamic Staninson is a female human who is known in the region as being a reasonably skilled shoemaker. She appears deluded.
- Tuggu Legbreaker is a female half-orc who is known in the region as being a reasonably skilled laborer. She appears spiteful.
- Danry Burtt is a female half-dwarf who is known in the world as being a reasonably skilled seamstress. She appears jesterly.
- Hewby Electrowink is a male gnome who is known in the world as being a skilled mason. He appears intimidating.
- Jo Staon, an intimidated male half-elf. He is a wizard who is finding a long-lost parent.
- Grumnir Thudhand, a jolly male half-dwarf. He is an expert who is finding a long-lost sibling.
- Hamlin Gyrobit, an insecure male gnome. He is a monk who is brokering a truce over a trade war.
- Borbin Whitehill, a conspirational male dwarf. He is a commoner who is traveling with an important person.
- Jo MacPetrsford, a resentful male half-dwarf. He is a druid who is finding work as a skilled laborer.
- Mickes Carnson, a fatalistic male human. He is a druid who is here to secretly assassinate a peasant.
- Joes Martian, a thick female human. She is a druid who is traveling with a circus.
These establishments worthy of mention in Carlains:
- The Blue Cock Shop [+]
- The Prancing House Our Motto Is the Buckle Stops Here [+]
- The Robber Hatchet Inc. [+]
- The Ruby Hops Chop House [+]
- The Merry Skull Brewery [+]
- The Six Pig Shipyard [+]
- The Blabbering Demon Inc. [+]
- The Crossed Whisper Inc. [+]
- The Gray Kettles Inc. [+]
- The Randy Pony Group [+]
- The Crazy Swagger General Mechandise [+]
- The Drunken Dungeon Jewelers [+]
- The Frozen Pipe Book Smith [+]
- The Hanging Dwarf Mill [+]
- The Smiling Fox Bakery [+]