- Pop. Estimate: 368
- Children: 10.60% (39)
- Elderly: 25.27% (93)
- 221 lizardfolk (60%)
- 72 orc (19.5%)
- 67 drow (18.2%)
- 4 goblin (1%)
- 4 other (1%)
- 1 Districts
- 12 Businesses
- 14 Specialists
- 44 Residences
Grunden is known for the following resources:
- Tame caterpillar nests that are feared by kittens.
- Plentiful carnivorous chinchilla colonies that are visited frequently by locals. Xrods Nightrender said one might find piles of small lyres in a nearby pit.
- Years ago, the royals of Dickstein Gate lived happily. Things were quiet, but one day a minotaur named Jit kidnapped a princess. The royals tried to kill Jit, but were caught. Along came Kish Rocksnout the ogre, who was a valiant knight. Kish had the thought to slay the minotaur by making a wager with Jit. When Kish Rocksnout faced the minotaur, Kish Rocksnout tricked Jit and rescued Dickstein Gate.
- A long time ago, a Pooka wandered the town during a full moon and was drawn towards misbehaving children. They say that the Pooka will offer you sweets, then banish you if you are cruel.
- Many years ago, the royals of San Lacton thrived. Things were quiet, but one day an evil vampire named Duap Boarclaw kidnapped a princess. The royals tried to kill Duap Boarclaw, but were caught. Along came a sick gnome named Aidan Gearcog, who was an expert bowman. Aidan had an idea to slay the vampire by causing a distraction while others struck. When Aidan Gearcog faced the vampire, Aidan Gearcog tricked Duap Boarclaw and rescued San Lacton.
- Legends tell of Serel's Mirror, a special mirror with the power to summon angels. It was never recovered.
- Way back when, a lich named Kyrest stalked the countryside and was drawn towards those that have killed innocents. Commoners say that if you caught him, you will never be seen again unless you answer a riddle.
Job Postings [-]
- Laborer required to bring stones to the castle. Wagon provided. Opportunity to earn a title. Must be a quick learner. May include some hazards. Contact Pergoldne Sproutletters.
- Help Needed: Need a change of pace? Hearty souls needed to recover stolen keg. Opportunity to earn a title. Experienced professionals only. Contact En'toor.
- I'm looking for investigator to look into someone's references. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Joey Giacowood.
- I'm looking for rare mephits, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact James Harcroft.
- Bounty for derros, dead or alive. May include some hazards. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Ama Wetgather.
- Need a change of pace? Scholar seeks rare supplies: Scholar unable to gather medical supplies due to age, seeks trustworthy agents to gather materials for research. Opportunity to earn a title. Mild danger may be involved. Contact Brub Ironrender.
- Bored? sharpshooting contest this weekend. Special prize for first place finish. Reward available. Contact Mickey Corett to learn more.
- Yerssen ahn Ghezin is a male lizardfolk who is known in the region as being a reasonably skilled woodworker. He appears fashion concious.
- Ognor Armkiller is a female orc who is known in the neighborhood as being a laughably skilled apothecary. She appears self-obsessed.
- Hossh Legkiller is a female orc who is known in that part of town as being a gifted weaver. She appears fatalistic.
- Khalzin teh Ghessen is a male lizardfolk who is known in the neighborhood as being a mediocre painter. He appears melancholy.
- Naroten Darkmouth is a male goblin who is known in the region as being a skilled glassmaker. He appears smug.
- Kugbugh Skullripper is a female orc who is known in the world as being a skilled glovemaker. She appears trusting.
- Khalzin fe Yerssen is a female lizardfolk who is known in the city as being a decent soldier. She appears healthy.
- Zkasr Darkkill is a female goblin who is known in the region as being a decent social worker. She appears skeptical.
- Rxomn Cleavershadow is a male goblin who is known in that part of town as being a poorly skilled cheesemaker. He appears smug.
- Mickic Casgton, an unreliable female lycanthrope. She is a warrior who is traveling the world as a missionary.
- Kerm Foulbone, a self-obsessed male goblin. He is a commoner who is fleeing a bad family situation.
These establishments worthy of mention in Grunden:
- The Stinking Imps Sculptures [+]
- The Six Pot Dock Company [+]
- The Empty Lion Tap House [+]
- The Puking Pig Locksmith [+]
- The Lecherous Wine Blowers [+]
- The Ugly Flask Builders [+]
- The Wobbling Oarhouse Roofing [+]
- The Crossed House Inc. [+]
- The Murdered Oarhouse Inc. [+]