- Pop. Estimate: 664
- Children: 17.92% (119)
- Elderly: 20.18% (134)
- 562 human (84.6%)
- 31 gnome (4.6%)
- 25 elf (3.7%)
- 23 halfling (3.4%)
- 16 dwarf (2.4%)
- 7 other (1%)
- 2 Districts
- 30 Businesses
- 46 Specialists
- 69 Residences
Barnstone is known for the following resources:
- Coconut harvests that are frequented by townspeople.
- Old coffee patches that are feared by vampires. S'hoorzor ahn Yerzor said somoeone said someone found bags of iron maidens in a dungeon.
- Some time ago, the townsfolk of Grovevale lived in peace. Things were good, but one day a dragon named Ghrizer stole a priceless heirloom. The townsfolk tried to stop the dragon, but didn't get close. Along came a attentive bugbear named Xodzar Oozebasher, who was an expert bowman. Xodzar had a plan to trick the dragon by causing a distraction while others struck. When Xodzar Oozebasher faced the dragon, Xodzar Oozebasher defeated Ghrizer.
- A long time ago, the villagers of Liddburg lived in harmony. Things were quiet, but one day a minotaur named Ghabel Rockclaw took a hostage and demanded a ransom. The villagers tried to kill Ghabel Rockclaw, but didn't get close. Along came a hero named Dones MacSmithore, who was a skilled storyteller. Dones had the thought to slay the minotaur by making a wager with Ghabel Rockclaw. When Dones MacSmithore faced the minotaur, Dones MacSmithore killed the minotaur and rescued the hostages.
- Years ago, a murderer named Xtexn stalked the field. They say that if you hear him, you will be stricken deaf unless you offer a sacrifice.
- Legends tell of Thartmos' Ring, a unique ring with the capability to move on its own accord. It has been lost for ages.
Job Postings [-]
- Bounty for homuncului, dead or alive. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Thenic Youngcaller.
- Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. Serious inquiries only. Will pay in gold. Contact Danes VanCastone.
- Missing key. We suspect feral cats are the culprit. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Hallanava Rootstrike.
- Needed: Seasonal farm hands requested to help local farms bring in their harvest. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact S'hooral ahn Yeral.
- I'm looking for a Transcriber. Need expert to translate runes. Guild membership required. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Klon'toor.
- Help Wanted: Expert seeks apprentice. No previous experience required. Reward is a secret. Contact Kkasr Cleaverdeath.
- Bounty for imps, dead or alive. Will reward you with valuable information. Mild danger may be involved. Experienced professionals only. Contact Mickes Whitemell.
- Help! Bored? Trunk Ogrebasher has been kidnapped! Generous payment for safe return. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Turdu Bregilg.
- Require an instructor learned in math to tutor my child. Reward is a secret. Contact Daves Kleincroft if intrigued.
- Jam Briman is a female human who is known in the neighborhood as being a decent laborer. She appears efficient.
- Mickey Chaield is a female human who is known in that part of town as being a decent mason. She appears insecure.
- Illriglas Softlight is a male elf who is known in the neighborhood as being a decent chickenbutcher. He appears intimidating.
- Grumrim Saltthrone is a male dwarf who is known in that part of town as being a mediocre cartwright. He appears nosy.
- Davey Smithord is a female human who is known in that part of town as being a reasonably skilled astrologer. She appears cowed.
- Belrigssa Rivershine is a male elf who is known in the region as being a horribly skilled tailor. He appears insecure.
- Gorgar Crystalfounder is a male dwarf who is known in the region as being a poorly skilled bather. He appears conspirational.
- Alehiaaen Arkeneacaller is a male elf who is known in the world as being a reasonably skilled forester. He appears healthy.
- El Marghost is a male halfling who is known in the region as being a gifted plasterer. He appears accusatory.
- Tortsy Fusejet is a female gnome who is known in that part of town as being a horribly skilled official. She appears jesterly.
- Doney Colter is a male human who is known in the neighborhood as being a laughably skilled jailer. He appears authoritarian.
- Wot, a boastful male kobold. He is a sorcerer who is fleeing the law.
- Mick Bering, a treasure-obsessed female half-dwarf. She is a wizard who is doing something amazing.
- Amacobine Gardnerale, a prejudiced male halfling. He is a commoner who is traveling the world as a trader.
- Jamry Jackerson, a jaded male lycanthrope. He is a commoner who is on a mission from the gods.
- Yik, a gluttonous male kobold. He is a druid who is finding a missing artifact.
- Danic Carer, a nihilistic male lycanthrope. He is an aristocrat who is here to secretly assassinate a thug.
These establishments worthy of mention in Barnstone:
- The Blind Peddler Inc. [+]
- The Elegant Pig Vault [+]
- The Red Crow Gaol [+]
- The Slumbering Lotus Reference Center [+]
- The Slippery Pig Textiles [+]
- The Sleeping Dungeon Inc. [+]
- The Grizzly Halfling Inc. [+]
- The Happy Three Mill [+]
- The Dripping Frogs Herbalist [+]
- The Fired Fig [+]
- The Violet Nomad Stockyard [+]