- Pop. Estimate: 3,249
- Children: 28.87% (938)
- Elderly: 12.50% (406)
- 1,966 half-dwarf (60.5%)
- 410 elf (12.6%)
- 231 gnome (7.1%)
- 231 halfling (7.1%)
- 176 other (5.4%)
- 140 half-elf (4.3%)
- 95 dwarf (2.9%)
- 3 Districts
- 118 Businesses
- 446 Specialists
- 357 Residences
Baybar is known for the following resources:
- A creepy gazebo inhabited by vampire quails that are hunted by kittens. Glutzuk Boneripper said somoeone said someone found piles of emeralds in a dungeon.
- Substantial chinchilla colonies that are feared by children. One might find a chest containing penis sheathes in a well.
- Magic guano banks that are frequented by gru.
- Years ago, a hag stalked the countryside and was drawn towards misbehaving children. They say that the hag will ask a favor of you, then turn you into a mouse.
- In days gone by, a Boogyman stalked the field and was drawn towards thieves. Some say that the Boogyman will ask for your help, then sell you into slavery.
- Long, long ago, the constable of Lestholt thrived. Things were peaceful, but one day S'herssen se Khalzor the vampire stole a priceless heirloom. The constable tried to kill S'herssen se Khalzor, but were caught. Along came a accusatory goblin named Tmub Nightdamn, who was an expert bowman. Tmub had an idea to slay the vampire by using magic to banish it. When Tmub Nightdamn faced the vampire, Tmub Nightdamn banished S'herssen se Khalzor.
Job Postings [-]
- Want to earn some quick coin? Lockpick needed for totally legitimate reasons. A little danger is involved, so expect hazardous duty pay. Prior experience required. Will pay in gold. Contact Xodurm Oozeshadow.
- Bored? Seasonal farm hands requested to help local farms bring in their harvest. No previous experience required. Will pay in gold. Contact Rhanogh Legcracker The Brave.
- Mercenaries wanted for caravan protection. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Paz.
- Help Needed: I have grigs in my basement, plz halp! Will reward you with a land deed. Mild danger may be involved. Contact Katzab Legkiller.
- Require an instructor learned in local lore to tutor my child. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Contact Sotz Skullsnapper for more information.
- Help Wanted: Looking for something new? Bounty for carniverous butterflies, dead or alive. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Larelllleu Kennyrsky to learn more.
- caber-tossing contest this weekend. Special prize for first place finish. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Astero Entraganthi.
- Lockpick needed for totally legitimate reasons. Opportunity to earn a title. Contact Trobbash Backsnapper.
- Help! Bored? A passing Aristocrat is needed for a small security job on the 3rd of the month. A little danger is involved, so expect hazardous duty pay. Must be clean. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Hosh Backcracker.
- Help! Looking for work? I'm looking for rare giant spiders, both live and dead. I have a list of the ones I need. Will pay in gold. Contact Kurm Damngloom.
- homuncului-catcher needed to keep the beasties away from the sheep and cattle. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Ilyartlleu Bladesworn for further details.
- Want to earn some quick coin? I'm looking for a Negotiator. Prior experience with troublesome brain moles required. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Yerssen heh Ghessen.
- Be Heatherbottle is a female halfling who is known in the neighborhood as being a poorly skilled astrologer. She appears cowed.
- Coda Bracecobble is a male halfling who is known in the neighborhood as being a mediocre blacksmith. He appears gambling.
- Uldin Ashtower is a female dwarf who is known in the world as being a reasonably skilled tailor. She appears mocking.
- Hilda Hornbread is a female halfling who is known in the city as being a decent roofer. She appears solemn.
- Jamry Berore is a male half-dwarf who is known in the region as being a decent artist. He appears fashion concious.
- Jen Wobbfuel is a male gnome who is known in the region as being a decent tinker. He appears melancholy.
- Mal Thermosprocket is a female gnome who is known in the city as being a mocked teamster. She appears cowed.
- Aeselliyn Ravengleam is a female elf who is known in that part of town as being a reasonably skilled spicemerchant. She appears gambling.
- Elrigssa Firestryke is a male elf who is known in the region as being a decent sage. He appears cowed.
- Micke Andrall is a female half-dwarf who is known in the world as being a mediocre bookseller. She appears fatalistic.
- Aian Rocketwink is a female gnome who is known in that part of town as being a mediocre armorer. She appears smitten.
- Haatiyn Waveborne is a male elf who is known in the region as being a horribly skilled chandler. He appears scattered.
- Jamic Carridge is a female half-dwarf who is known in the city as being a renowned beer seller. She appears jaded.
- Mick Wilorth is a male half-elf who is known in the city as being a laughably skilled tilemaker. He appears smitten.
- Mal Triggerfiz is a female gnome who is known in that part of town as being a decent handyman. She appears egotistical.
- Tbexn Rockkill, a lonely female bugbear. She is a cleric who is delivering a message to a scholar.
- S'hoorssen fe S'hoorzor, a clumsy female lizardfolk. She is a ranger who is finding work as a healer.
- Skamir Saltmoor, a greedy female half-dwarf. She is an expert who is here to destroy a misconception.
- Guduk Rockclaw, an apologetic female ogre. She is an adept who is on a mission to capture someone.
- Nbog Laughdoom, a smitten female bugbear. She is a commoner who is traveling with a diplomat.
- Grunkon Paperhill, an easily offended male deep dwarf. He is a cleric who is finding work as a merchant.
- Faehiatel Auvreaeye, a homesick female elf. She is an adept who is cleaning out a wealthy person.
- Merrc, a sick female mindflayer. She is a commoner who is traveling the world as a pilgrim.
- Blutgud Legcrusher, a contrarian male half-orc. He is an expert who is brokering a truce over escalating tension.
- Gush Oakroot, a flirtatious male oddball. He is a monk who is seeing the city.
These establishments worthy of mention in Baybar:
- The Hungry Eagle Legal Partners [+]
- The Ripped Frog Inc. [+]
- The Puking Widowers Locksmith [+]
- The Burly Skull Leatherworks [+]
- The Dancing Days Inc. [+]
- The Beefy Whisper Shoppe [+]
- The Thirsty Giant Temple [+]
- The Sloppy Bag Study [+]
- The Divine Twins Healers [+]
- The Surly Skull Union #101 [+]
- The Gritty Urchin Wharf [+]
- The Flying Ent General Goods [+]
- The Cardinal Cat Farmers Market [+]
- The Singing Troll Shoppe [+]
- The Naughty Widowers Gloves [+]